Tuesday, September 30, 2014

AZ Big Year - Week Thirty-Three 8/13-8/19


Birding this week this was highlighted by three days of guiding for the Tucson Birds & Wildlife Festival.  I led or co-led three day trips from Tucson.  This was my first birding festival as a guide or otherwise.  I took it on faith that everything would work out.  And work out it did!  I was duly impressed with the organization of the field trip.  Us guides merely showed up, picked up a van key, checked in our participants, and drove away.  My first trip on Friday was to Fort Huachuca and I was the only leader.  On Saturday I co-led with Chris Benesh to California Gulch & Arivaca Lake.  Sunday I was co-leading with Jake Mohlmann, we covered the Patagonia Area & the Sonoita Grasslands.  For the year list nothing exciting happened.  However, Jake found my first Pima County White-tailed Kite at the end of the day as we were driving back to Tucson.  The year list is unchanged at 379.

No comments:

Post a Comment